A must for all! Be amazed by the beauty of the sea in the aquarium of Lisbon
Join the 17 million visitors from 140 countries that have visited Lisbon Oceanarium (Oceanário de Lisboa) since it opened in 1998. Located on the grounds of the Expo 98 site, it is the largest indoor aquarium in Europe. Your entrance ticket allows you access to all permanent exhibitions.
Be amazed by the different species
Celebrate life on earth through stunning displays of more than 8,000 creatures from 500 species, and learn about the complexity of the world’s oceans. Divided into 4 separate bodies of water – representing the North Atlantic, Antarctic, Temperate Pacific, and Tropical Indian Ocean – large acrylic panels cleverly divide each from a central aquarium to create the impression that all living creatures roam in one single mass of salt water!
You will also get access to the temporary exhibition “Sea Turtles The Journey.” Learn about the sea turtles incredible survival story. Follow their journey from nesting areas to where they feed and breed. Learn about their migratory routes, and the challenges they encounter along the way.
Then, experience up-close sea turtle encounters. Pass over – or even step into – underwater compartments, through 45 strategic placed windows that simulate the ecosystem that the turtles depend on.
• Entrance to permanent and temporary exhibits
What’s Not Included:
• Guided tour
• Audio guides
• Food and beverages
Good to Know:
• Audio guides are available to hire in Portuguese, Spanish, English, French, Italian and German
• Guided tours are available at extra cost in Portuguese, Spanish, English, French and German (can be purchased on the spot)
• Educational activities for schools, families and organized groups are available. Pre-booking is required
• Ramps and elevators are available throughout the building, in accordance with European accessibility laws